We would like to invite you to Weston Gala Dinner 2017.
This year we have tried to incorporate as many views as possible into the annual event. We like to think we took notice of the questionnaire earlier this year and some members views since. Hopefully, we have managed to walk the line between quality and cost.
This year the annual club party is labelled 'Gala Dinner and Prize Giving'. It will be held at Royal Southampton Yacht club on Saturday 2nd December 2017. The door will open at 6.30 for pre-dinner drinks, Prosecco or non-alcoholic equivalent in the price, and the meal scheduled to start at 7.30. The bar will close at 11.30, and home time will be midnight.
Dress code is 'formal evening wear' so that's to be interpreted as short or long dresses for the ladies with the James Bond look being strictly optional for the men, but it's not fancy dress unless you really want to look even sillier.
- Asparagus wrapped with Parma Ham with flakes of Parmesan dressed with a Balsamic Oil
- Slices of Scottish Smoked Salmon served with Caper Berries and Lemon
- Winter roasted Plum Tomato Soup, served with Saffron Cream and Olive Croutons
- Roasted Wiltshire Turkey served with butcher Sausage wrapped in Bacon, Cranberry and Satsuma Stuffing, Chateau Potatoes, an array of Winter Vegetables and laced with a Turkey Jus
- Hampshire Blade of Beef Wellington. Blade of local reared Beef cooked in red wine and Mushroom and served with a Carrot puree served on a Fondant Potato with glazed Winter Vegetables
- Plaice Fillet served on a Chive Potato Cake with Green Beans, Cherry Tomato and accompanied with a Crayfish Sauce
- Saffron and Roasted Beetroot Risotto with shards of Fennel and Parmesan with Lemon Oil
- Christmas Plum Pudding with Brandy Cream and Seasonal Fruit
- Dark chocolate Belgium Torte with Raspberry Sauce
- Crème Brulee served with Cinnamon Shortbread
- Cheese and Biscuits served with homemade Cranberry and Pear Chutney
Followed by after dinner coffee
It's a bit early for Christmas, but there is a Turkey and Christmas pudding option for those who want to get festive early.
As indicated in the survey, members indicated they want a quality venue, but from discussion with others, also want an environment where they can mingle and converse without being drown out by volume or blinded by flashing lights!
We have therefore booked a duo who will cover popular songs from the 60's to current day at a sensible volume with the odd disco number thrown in for those who want to get up and dance. The lead singer, Linsey MacDougall trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and is a professional singer. She has worked as a Shania Twain tribute and performed in Dubai, Germany and Switzerland as well as in the UK. She also worked as a singer/dancer on cruise ships. Acting and television experience includes 'Dr Who', 'Coronation Street', 'Tenko', 'Casualty', 'Brideshead', and 'Howard's Way' but says she knows nothing about sailing.
There will be a seating plan, so if you have preferences as to whom you would like to sit close to, please drop us an email to email@example.com
Payment by PayPal
Alternatively, you can print form, fill it and send it to us along with a cheque payable to Weston Sailing Club.
Single ticket price: £39.95
Couple ticket price £79.90
Please send it to:
Weston Sailing Club